Saddle River Equestrian Program
Whether your child is a beginner or an advanced rider traveling on the “A” Horse Show Circuit, the Saddle River Equestrian Program can help take your riding skill, enjoyment and competitiveness to the next level. Our program focuses on English equitation, hunt seat and jumper disciplines.
Saddle River Day School’s partnership with Saddle River Equestrian provides students access to excellent trainers, horses/ponies and facilities, which are less than 5 miles from campus: 300 Red Schoolhouse Rd, Chestnut Ridge, NY 10977. Fill out the form below to request more information about the program.
Visit Saddle River Equestrian's full website at: www.saddleriverequestrian.com
SRDS RIDING LESSON PROGRAM
(Open to SRDS Grades 1st through 12th)
For Fall 2023, students in Grades 1-12 can take lessons twice a week during the school day.
Students in Grades 1-4 will have lessons on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2:30 pm (parents will pick students up at the stable after the lesson or return to campus if participating in a Coaching Academy class).
Students in Grades 5-12 will have the option of choosing lessons on Tuesdays/Thursdays at 2:30 or go during the day - Wednesdays and Fridays 12:20-1:20. Any combination of the four is acceptable.
Transportation will be provided by SRDS. This will also meet the Phys-Ed requirements for Middle and Upper School. Families will pay Saddle River Equestrian directly for this program.
Option 1: Leasing of School Horse
Leasing a school horse allows the rider to have the same horse for every lesson. This allows the rider to progress at a much faster rate as they only need to focus, grow and learn on one horse. Option one includes BOTH the lease and the lessons and cannot be separated.
- $500/month - lease commitment is month to month. We require 30 days’ notice before canceling the lease.
- $600 for 10 lessons or $65 per lesson. Up to 3 lessons per week. Rider must be in a lesson to ride the leased horse.
* Please be aware of our 24 hour cancellation policy.
Option 2: Half or Full Lease of Show Horse
The difference between half and full-leasing of show horses is as follows:
- Half-Leasing: Allows the rider to lesson 2 days a week (one flat and one jump) and have a hack 1 day a week. Includes lessons. Starts at $1900/mo.
- Full-Leasing: Allows the rider 5 days a week of riding. This includes 2 jumping lessons and availability to hack the horse the other 3 days.
* The price for either option is dependent on the horse.
Option 3: Owning or Leasing your own Horse
Please contact us to discuss further.
EQUESTRIAN SUMMER PROGRAMS
- Ranges from 1 to 8 Week Camps
- Horsemanship Instruction
- Hands-on Horse Care
- Riding Lessons
- Attend Local Horse Shows
- “A” Rated Horse Competitions
WINTER EQUESTRIAN FESTIVAL – WELLINGTON FLORIDA
(For Qualified SRDS Riders)
- 12 Weeks of “A” Circuit Competition (Early January to Late March)
- SRDS will Accommodate Students to Complete Academic Work Remotely
- Must Own or Lease a Horse or Pony for the Winter Circuit.
Full Service Boarding Available
Camps also available