Looking to provide your child(ren) with enrichment opportunities that will help set them up for a lifetime of success? Through the Coaching Academy, we have various classes and tutoring opportunities to help broaden your child(s) horizons and expand their learning! Coaching Academy winter classes and tutoring sessions will begin the week of November 28, 2022 and end March 4, 2023. The week of March 6, 2023 is reserved for make-up sessions in the event of a class cancelation. Students outside of SRDS are welcome to join in on the fun. Additional fees apply. Enroll your child(ren) today!
Courses have a minimum enrollment requirement to run. If minimum enrollment is not met, the class will be canceled and your money will be refunded. Tutoring enrollment is on a first come, first serve basis. If you register for tutoring and the slot has already been reserved you will be notified and your money will be refunded. Please keep in mind that classes are not prorated, the session must be signed up for and paid in full.
*Courses must be paid in full prior to the start of the course. If payment is not received, your student will not be permitted to attend the class until payment is made.
*If your child would like to switch courses, requests must be made before the third week of the session. Refunds will not be issued after the third week.
Who can participate?
Students grades PreK3 through 12 are invited to participate in our Coaching Academy after school course selections and tutoring! We have various age appropriate courses available throughout the week, see our course descriptions for more specific information. Transportation is not provided, please arrange for your individual needs.
Dates and Times
There will be course offerings, 1-1 tutoring, and 2-1 tutoring daily. Each tutoring session and course will run for 50 minutes unless noted otherwise in the course description. The instructor will dismiss the children to their parents or guardians at the conclusion of the class.
Please note that if school is not in session, classes will not run on that date. Classes will not be held the week leading up to nor during Saddle River Day School’s Winter Break, December 12, 2022 - January 2, 2023, nor the week of the NAIS Conference, February 20, 2023 - February 24, 2022. If there are any cancellations, your instructor will utilize the make-up date at the end of the session, highlighted in blue. Class will not run on the make-up date unless your instructor utilizes it for having canceled a session.
*See the full school calendar for SRDS days off.
Full Year Course
This indicates that the specific course will be offered for all three sessions of the Coaching Academy (fall, winter, and spring). These classes need to be re-enrolled in for each session. If it does not say Full Year Course, then something else may be offered in its place.
Cost (per trimester)
Enrichment Class - $300*
1-1 Tutoring - $720
2-1 Tutoring - $900
*with the exception of Code Ninjas ($400)
Families will receive a $50 discount issued as a refund for enrolling in 2 classes on the same day.
- Manhattan Mandarin Pre-K 3-K *maximum of 8 students (closed)
- Manhattan Mandarin Grades 1-4 *maximum of 8 students (closed)
- Manhattan Mandarin Grades 5-8 *maximum of 8 students (closed)
- Manhattan Mandarin Grades 9-12 *maximum of 8 students (closed)
- Mad STEM Explorers Grades K-4 *maximum of 25 students
- Girls Who Code Grades 3-6
- Tech Art Grades 3-6
- Photography Grades 5-8 *maximum of 7 participants (closed)
- La Piazza Italian Grades Pre-K 3-K *maximum of 12 students
- La Piazza Italian Grades 1-8 *maximum of 12 students
- La Piazza Italian Grades 5-8 *maximum of 12 students (closed)
- La Piazza Italian Grades 9-12 *maximum of 12 students (closed)
- Fencing Grades 3-4 *maximum of 20 students (closed)
- Dance Grades K-2 *maximum of 12 students (full)
- Lego Masters Grades K-6 *maximum 16 students (full)
- Lego Robotics Grades 1-8 *maximum 20 students (closed)
- Yoga Grades Pre-K 3-K *maximum 20 participants (closed)