C.I.E. Boot Camp
Join us Saturday, May 9 from 1:00-2:30 pm
for our first ever VIRTUAL Boot Camp!
We will have a special performance by Mario the Maker Magician for the first 30 minutes for everyone and then break into virtual activities for different age groups.
- Making simple masks (full)
- Designing and making cup/can phones (full)
- Making a thank you picture card for an essential worker in the community
- LEGO Stop Motion Animation (requires an iPad)
- Mask making and sewing workshop
K-3 (children will need a parent to help).
Cards for Essential workers - Instructions for the K-3 Card Makers
EZ Masks - Each person will need an old t-shirt, handkerchief, sock or bandana to color with either markers or paint, depending on what the kids have. Art supplies for decorating, such as glue, glitter, pom-poms etc. scissors, rubber bands or string.
Cup phones - Two paperclips, two paper or plastic cups, about 3 yards (2.7 meters) of string (nylon or cotton) , a pin or something sharp and narrow to make a hole.
Sewing Masks - Table with enough room for cutting and sitting at a sewing machine
- Sewing pins
- Pattern (coming soon)
- 1x 7 inch tall x 14 inch wide piece of fabric for outsides (patterned works best)
- 1x 7 inch tall x 12 inch wide piece of fabric for insides (solid works best)
- 2x 10.5 inch pieces of 1/8 inch elastic
LEGO Animation- Students will be introduced to stop motion animation using the iPad app, Stop Motion Studio. They will think of something they could explain or remind people to do during quarantine - washing hands, wearing a mask, helping others, taking care of yourself, etc. and will plan and begin to produce a short animation Public Service Announcement to share.
- quiet space with a table or floor space to work on
- This app preloaded - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/stop-motion-studio/id441651297
- A large cardboard box or material to create a back drop
- The storyboard handout (PDF Copy)
- Clay or playdoh, mini figures, colored pencils, construction paper, popsicle sticks, markers
- ANY art supplies that will be useful in storytelling