Saddle River Day School is proud to be accredited by the New Jersey Association of Independent Schools (NJAIS) and a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).
REBEL FOR A DAY
shadow visit gives prospective students the opportunity to experience the traditions, students, and faculty that make Saddle River Day a unique community. Visits may be scheduled through the Office of Admissions. All students should complete a formal online application prior to visitation
.Rebel for a Day highlights:
Information regarding Rebel for a Day:
- meet future teachers, classmates, coaches and administrators
- participate in classes
- have a fantastic lunch on us... and seconds if you like!
- Hosting students: prospective students will be paired with current SRDS grade appropriate students who have similar interests and academic levels
- Attire: we ask that visitors be dressed neatly and appropriately.
- Drop off and pick up: all visits will begin and end in the Main Hall Office of Admissions; visitors to Grades 5-12 will be dropped off at 8:45 and picked up at 1; Grades 1-4 will be dropped off at 9 and picked up at 2:30
- What to bring: visiting students need not bring anything, but are welcome to bring paper and pen if desired... we encourage class participation! Lunch is provided, courtesy of SRDS.
The Admission Review Committee appreciates the time and energy you devote to the application process and we look forward to reviewing your application. To request further information, please complete an online inquiry form
or call the Office of Admissions at 201-327-4050 ext. 1105 to begin the process. To apply online now, simply go to the homepage and click the button.The following information is required to be considered for admission:
* Kindergarten candidates should be age 5 by October 15th of entry.
- Online application and a nonrefundable $50 fee ($125 for international students); all application fees should be submitted directly to the Office of Admissions.
- SRDS student questionnaire required for all students in grades 5 and up.
- A confidential recommendation from current Principal, Head of School, or Guidance Counselor to be submitted after December 15.
- Two confidential recommendations from current Math and English teacher (or current teacher for K-5) to be submitted after December 15.
- Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE) for candidates entering grade 6 and higher (visit www.iseetest.org for more information), and/or SSAT scores
- Assessment done during visitation for Lower School applicants along with portion/s of ERB testing, administered individually, 1-1.
- Transcript with grades for the previous two years and all standardized test scores (transcript from current year for K-5).
- Parent/Student interview; student visitation and assessment for students in Grades K-5
PRE-K 4's PROGRAM
SRDS offers a Pre-K 4's program. Below are further details:
- The program offers full day or half day options; Full day runs from 8:10-3:00; half day runs from 8:10-1:00.
- The curriculum will feature complete academic offierings including Science taught in the Lower School fully equipped lab, Spanish, Art, Music, Physical Education and Library. In addition, students will learn Pre-Reading skills, Math and Social Studies in a warm and nurturing environment (see our webpage for further programmatic details).
- Full day tuition is $12,750; half day is $10,750; flexible payment options are available through the FACTS program (fees will include tuition insurance at 1.6%).
- Full day students will have the opportunity to participate in the after care program, RebeLeap for additional cost.
- Pre-K students will bring their own lunches and snacks daily.
The application process holds the same requirements for International students as for domestic students. The school does not offer any formal ESL support. Therefore, a Skype or personal interview is required
for all international applicants with the Office of Admissions and spaces are limited per grade. Students must meet the school's admission criteria for English proficiency (we accept the TOEFL or SSAT). Application files, interviews and visits should be completed by February 1st.
First round decisions will be communicated no later than March 1st. Completed applications received after the above dates will be considered on a space-available basis and decisions will be announced on a rolling basis
Saddle River Day School is approved by the Department of Homeland Security and Immigration and Naturalization Services to issue I-20 forms to students from other countries who wish to attend school in Northern Bergen County, NJ. Once a student is accepted into the school and has submitted an enrollment contract along with a non-refundable deposit, an I-20 form can then be issued. This I-20 form is required in order to obtain an F-1 Visa. Please contact the Office of Admissions to inquire regarding space availability or for further details: firstname.lastname@example.org